If you would like to participate in our AMV+ contest, please read our rules & contract. You can find the submission form at the bottom of this page.
Contest Rules and Contract
By entering, you accept these rules.
DEADLINE: Postponed until 2021.
QUICK RULES SUMMARY:
- AMV+ Entries: 75 seconds minimum, 6 minutes maximum.
- Trailers: 1 minute minimum, 3 minutes & 30 seconds maximum
- Commercials: No minimum, 1 minute maximum
- Intros: 30 seconds minimum, 1 minute & 30 seconds maximum
- No more than two entries per person/group. Each must be for a different category.
- No subtitles, watermarks, logos, credits, references to other contests or text that is unnecessary to the concept.
- Must not have premiered before February 1st, 2019.
- The majority of your entry’s video must consist of anime, manga, or video game-styled content.
- New: You can submit videos containing live action content i.e. non-animated TV shows/movies
- The majority of audio for all AMV+ entries (except Trailer/Commercial/Intro) must be music.
- No excessive dialogue.
- Must be age 13+ appropriate.
- AMV Hell-style entries will not be accepted.
- Must satisfy our technical requirements.
Depending on the kind of entries we receive, these categories may be modified or combined to ensure competitive balance. The coordinators and judges may re-categorize any entry they deem incorrect for the category the creator intended.
- Local (Made in Montana)
All AMV+ entries from Montana creators will be entered into their respective categories as well as the Local subcategory.
- Audience’s Best of Show
- 1st place in each category
- Judges’ Choice
Coordinators and judges reserve the right to modify or combine prizes as needed for the final categories chosen.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES:
1. MULTIPLE ENTRIES: Only two entries will be accepted per individual or group. Each must be for a different category. Entries must be submitted separately.
2. All entries submitted must be the work of the person or group as listed on their entry form. Entries found to have been plagiarized from other AMVs may result in disqualification and/or banishment from future AMV+ events.
3. The majority of your entry’s video content must consist of anime-styled, manga-styled, or video game-styled content. Consideration will be given to other sources that also fit the spirit of this event.
4. The audio content of all AMV+ entries must primarily be music. Entries with an excess of non-musical content (i.e. narration or dialogue) may be disqualified. Trailers, Commercials, and Intros are exempt from this rule.
5. Entries that use footage containing subtitles, watermarks, text, studio logos, references to other contests, or graphic overlays may be disqualified. Exceptions may be granted if such usage is intentional and plainly necessary to the video’s concept.
6. Entries that include any inextricable credits, bumpers, or slates will be disqualified. OokiiSoraCon will create custom designed titles.
7. The content and context of each entry must be suitable for an age 13+ audience.
8. Entries that are primarily a reel of multiple unrelated and random micro-AMVs (AKA: AMV Hell-styled entries) are not eligible.
9. Minimum-effort entries may be disqualified. A minimal effort entry is an entry that consists of largely uncut segments of the original source video.
10. Previously released videos (i.e. AMVs shown publicly at other contests or downloadable on the Internet) must not have premiered prior to February 1st, 2018 in order to be eligible to participate in the contest.
11. All entries must satisfy our Technical Requirements.
12. OokiiSoraCon AMV+ staff and contest judges are ineligible to compete.
13. You unconditionally grant us eternal, irrevocable, and limitless permission to use, copy, share, and exhibit your submission(s) in any way including for purposes and usages outside of or unrelated to this event, and you grant this permission with no expectation of compensation, remuneration, or any form of obligation from us of any kind.
14. The AMV+ Contest Coordinators and judges are the final interpreters of all rules. Their decisions are final.
15. All rules, prizes, and methods of judging for the OokiiSoraCon AMV+ Contest are subject to change at any time without notice. We will attempt to advise you of any changes via the OokiiSoraCon website.
- Do not submit files larger than 300MB without receiving coordinator permission first.
- We accept MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, MPG, or M2TS file formats (MP4 preferred).
- Your entry must be at least 640×480 resolution or better (1280×720 or better for HD entries)
- Your entry must not require an unreasonable amount of effort to work with.
The following video technical flaws may be subject to disqualification depending on severity:
- Squashed/stretched aspect ratios
- Chunky/blocky video (often caused by low-quality source or excessive data compression)
- Extreme banding (i.e. color gradients caused by video re-compression)
- Jagged/saw-tooth lines (i.e. line aliasing)
The following audio technical flaws may be subject to disqualification depending on severity:
- Audible distortion
- Levels that are too high, overdriven, or clipped
- Levels that are too low. We recommend normalizing to -0.5db
- Low sample-rate/bitrate.
- Minimum: 44,100hz, 128kbps. Recommended: 48,000hz, 320kbps
- Audible discontinuities caused by flawed audio edits
- Pitch-shifted or speed-adjusted audio (unless by obvious artistic necessity)
If you have questions regarding these technical requirements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINK: Videos may be accepted via upload sites (i.e. Dropbox, Sendspace, etc.) provided that we do not need to subscribe for access. Provide the URL link in the AMV+ submission form below. Streaming sites such as YouTube will not be accepted.
If you are unable to get us your entry in the above methods, please contact us at email@example.com to see if we can work out an alternative method.